Medical Billers and Coders organize and manage health information data and are responsible for documenting patients’ health information, including medical histories, symptoms, examination and test results, treatments, and other information about healthcare services provided to patients. Their duties vary by employer and by the size of the facility in which they work.
Medical Billers and Coders routinely perform a variety of important tasks, including:
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Reviewing patients’ records for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of data
- Organizing and maintain data for clinical databases and registries
- Tracking patient outcomes for quality assessment
- Using classification software to assign clinical codes for reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically recording data for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval, and reporting
- Maintaining confidentiality of patients’ records
Benefits of Online Learning
Distance Education programs like the Online Medical Billing and Coding program offer greater opportunities to students who might otherwise face challenges attending traditional on-ground classes.
Here are other benefits you get from Online Learning:
- Students receive the same quality of instruction offered in a traditional classroom setting.
- Classes are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week, anywhere you can access the Internet, providing the flexibility to attend classes around work and family obligations.
- Lessons can be paused and resumed at any time allowing students to learn at their own pace.
- Students can communicate with instructors via chat and email without needing to wait for office hours, and can participate in discussions with classmates via online forums.
- Students use technology and communications tools employed in the workplace.
- Online programs reduce travel time and costs commuting to school.
This Online program offers the same level of education and training provided in a traditional classroom program with the added convenience and flexibility to attend classes from anywhere via the Internet.
The Online Medical Billing and Coding program is offered at our West Covina, California (CA) campus. You can also get certification, train online, and enroll in our other courses through our schools and campuses in Bakersfield, San Diego, Anaheim, Pomona, Van Nuys, Glendale and Riverside.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical Records and Health Information Technicians, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm (visited March 2019).
** North-West College cannot guarantee employment.
Get Certification, Train Online, or Attend Classes at our California (CA) Campus Near You!
You can also get certification, train online, and enroll in other courses offered at our schools and campuses in San Diego, Bakersfield, Anaheim, Pomona, Van Nuys, Glendale and Riverside.