North-West College maintains the relevancy and quality of its training programs through compliance and involvement with the following:
Accreditation and Approval
- The North-West College West Covina, Pomona, Van Nuys, Glendale, Riverside, Anaheim and Long Beach campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- North-West College San Diego and North-West College Bakersfield are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Licensed by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (www.bppe.ca.gov).*
- Vocational Nursing programs are approved by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT).
- The Surgical Technologist programs at North-West College are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP – www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA).
- The Pharmacy Technician Program is accredited and recognized by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (West Covina, Pomona, Van Nuys, Glendale, Riverside, Anaheim and Long Beach Campuses).
Memberships and Affiliations
- All programs are regularly reviewed by advisory boards comprised of doctors, dentists, pharmacists, paralegals and accountants.
- Approved for the training of veterans.
- Approved to train State Vocational Rehabilitation students.
- Affiliated with hospitals, clinics, doctors, dentists, optometric, law, accounting and clerical professionals for internship and clinical training, and graduate employment. Our graduate services are well recognized by many employers.
- We participate in the Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN) Program.
- A charter member of the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools which includes the California Association of Paramedical Schools.
Recognized as a volunteer group for students’ community involvement by the following organizations:
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- Los Angeles County Health Department
- Community Health Projects
- Planned Parenthood
- Cal Poly – Pomona – Health Center
- Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy Center
- Lanterman State Hospital
- Foothill AIDS Project
- Centers and clinics in Los Angeles and Orange County, San Bernardino County and San Gabriel Valley
Fill out a short online form and one of our Admissions Representatives will reach out and answer all of your questions.
Apply Online Now!
Ready to make your decision? You can apply online now in less than a few minutes.
Schedule a Tour
Come and see us in person! Talk to your future instructors, meet your future classmates and get familiar with your new home.