L.E.A.D.S. – Learning through Education and Action for ongoing Development and Service
At North-West College, our dedication goes beyond educating students for success – we are committed to giving back to our students’ communities as well. We do this through L.E.A.D.S. (Learning through Education and Action for ongoing Development and Service) program. Providing opportunities to serve and meet others’ needs creates a positive impact not only in the lives of community members, but also in the minds and hearts of NWC students, as they graduate with a spirit of compassion that will profoundly shape their approach as health care professionals. In addition to meeting community needs in practical ways, students volunteer their time, increase awareness, and raise funds through L.E.A.D.S.
President’s Volunteer Service Award
The President’s Volunteer Service Award is a Presidential Honor that recognizes valuable contributions of volunteers nationwide, who are serving others through current activities or lifetime service. Award recipients are recognized and encouraged to live a life of service, and their recognition inspires others to take positive action to help change the world.
North-West College is a Certifying Organization for the President’s Volunteer Service Award. As a Certifying Organization, North-West College can identify eligible recipients, verify their service hours, and distribute the Award to outstanding volunteers.
- Go to presidentialserviceawards.gov/register-vo
- Complete the registration form on this page and click the Submit Your Application button when you are done.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email and welcome letter from the President’s volunteer Service Awards Customer Support Team.
Once you are registered, add your Record of Service Key for North-West College.
- To the President’s volunteer Service Award web site https://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/ and login using the email and password you created when you registered. This will take you to your personal welcome page.
- Click the My Profile button on yoru personal welcome page.
- Click the ‘Add’ button next to Record of Service Key area on your profile page.
- Enter North-West College’s key code: ENW-3424 and press the Save button to update your profle.
Be sure to keep track of your volunteer hours and log them on the site. You can log volunteer hours served at North-West College sponsored events and non-North-West College sponsored events.
- Go to the President’s Volunteer Service Award web site: https://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/ and login using the email and password you created whne you registered.
- Click the My Service button on your personal welcome page.
- Click the ‘Add Activity’ button.
If you have completed the minimum number of hours required for a particular award, please contact SECvolunteers@success.edu so we can verify and confirm your service hours to be submitted for an award.
Please note: All applicants’ service hours must be confirmed by a registered Certifying Organization (North-West College).
Currently there are no upcoming LEADS events.
Volunteers needed to perform glucose screenings and blood pressure checks from 8-10 am on Tuesday, February 28 at the Foothill Unity Center in Pasadena.
We’re looking for volunteers to help perform glucose screenings and blood pressure checks from 8-10 am on Friday, February 24 at the Foothill Unity Center in Monrovia.
Help us support our partners at Foothill Unity Center and Tzu Chi Medical Outreach to provide dental care to families in need on Friday, February 17.
Volunteer to help the Glen Oak Elementary School PTA provide information and services to low-income families in our community.