Medical Assistants perform administrative and clinical tasks to support physicians, registered nurses and other health care professionals in medical offices, clinics, hospitals and other health care facilities.
Medical Assistants routinely perform a variety of important tasks, including:
- Scheduling patient appointments.
- Measuring patients' vital signs.
- Administering medications and injections.
- Maintaining and recording patient medical information.
- Preparing and handling medical instruments and supplies.
- Collecting and preparing specimens for laboratory testing.
- Other important health care tasks.
The Medical Assistant program at North-West College provides students with the health care knowledge, training and certification required to begin working in a health care or medical office, including medical clinics, doctors' offices, HMOs, rehabilitation centers, hospitals and other health care facilities.
This program is offered at our California (CA) campuses - San Diego, Anaheim, West Covina, Pomona, Van Nuys, Glendale, Riverside, Santa Ana, and Long Beach, or you can enroll in our courses, online classes, and training programs.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical Assistants, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants.htm (visited March 2019).
** North-West College cannot guarantee employment.
Get Certification, Train through Online Courses, or Attend Classes at our California (CA) Campus Near You!