Student Success Stories
"I developed great self-esteem working with the staff and instructors of North-West College. They helped me so much I was able to move back to my home state and was employed by the first employer I submitted my application with. Thank you so much for the learning experience that I received from your school!"Diantha Polley, Medical Assistant
"Thanks to North-West College, I’ve had the opportunity to acquire skills that I needed to be successful! Thanks North-West!"Gabrielle Maria Romero
"Tell us your story!North-West Family
How did your experience at North-West College help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
"I came to North West College Riverside campus not knowing what I wanted to do in life. I learned to have compassion and understand the patients. I have a job now as a medical assistant and all I could say is I'm very grateful that I attended this college."Elizabeth V. Ruiz, Medical Assistant
Online Medical Billing & Coding Careers
The Online Medical Billing and Coding program at North-West College is a professional health care training course designed to provide the fundamental knowledge and education needed to begin working with medical and insurance records as a medical biller, professional coder or other medical office professional.
Graduates of the program routinely find jobs working in:
- Physician’s offices
- Medical clinics
- Nursing care facilities
- And other health care related facilities.
Quick Facts about Medical Billers and Coders*
- Employment of Medical Billers and Coders is projected to grow 15 percent nationally from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- The increasing adaptation and use of electronic health records (EHRs) will continue to change the job responsibilities of Medical Insurance Billers.
- Most Medical Billers work full time. In healthcare facilities that are always open, such as hospitals, they may work evening or overnight shifts.
- An aging population will require more medical services, and Medical Insurance Billers and Coders will be needed to organize and manage the older generations’ health information data.
- Medical Billers typically work in offices and may spend many hours in front of computer monitors. Some may work from home.
Get started now!
Learn more about North-West College and our programs.