Student Success Stories
"I developed great self-esteem working with the staff and instructors of North-West College. They helped me so much I was able to move back to my home state and was employed by the first employer I submitted my application with. Thank you so much for the learning experience that I received from your school!"Diantha Polley, Medical Assistant
"Thanks to North-West College, I’ve had the opportunity to acquire skills that I needed to be successful! Thanks North-West!"Gabrielle Maria Romero
"Tell us your story!North-West Family
How did your experience at North-West College help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
"I came to North West College Riverside campus not knowing what I wanted to do in life. I learned to have compassion and understand the patients. I have a job now as a medical assistant and all I could say is I'm very grateful that I attended this college."Elizabeth V. Ruiz, Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Careers
The Medical Assistant program at North-West College provides the education and training needed to begin a career working in a variety of medical and health care facilities.
Graduates of the program routinely find jobs working in:
- Physicians’ offices
- Research facilities
- Public health organizations
- And other health care related facilities.
Quick Facts about Medical Assistants*
- Employment of Medical Assistants is projected to grow 23 percent nationally from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Medical Assistants work mostly in primary care, a steadily growing sector of the health care industry.
- Physicians are expected to hire more Medical Assistants to perform routine administrative and clinical duties, allowing the physicians to see more patients as their practices expand.
- Most Medical Assistants work in physicians’ offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, and other health care facilities. In 2014, more than half of all Medical Assistants worked in physicians’ offices.
- Most medical assistants work full time. Some work evenings, weekends, or holidays to cover shifts in medical facilities that are always open.
Get started now!
Learn more about North-West College and our programs.