Student Success Stories
"Thanks to North-West College, I’ve had the opportunity to acquire skills that I needed to be successful! Thanks North-West!"Gabrielle Maria Romero
"Tell us your story!North-West Family
How did your experience at North-West College help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
"I developed great self-esteem working with the staff and instructors of North-West College. They helped me so much I was able to move back to my home state and was employed by the first employer I submitted my application with. Thank you so much for the learning experience that I received from your school!"Diantha Polley, Medical Assistant
"I came to North West College Riverside campus not knowing what I wanted to do in life. I learned to have compassion and understand the patients. I have a job now as a medical assistant and all I could say is I'm very grateful that I attended this college."Elizabeth V. Ruiz, Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Course Activities
Graduates of the Medical Assistant program routinely find entry-level positions working in health care offices and facilities, including private medical offices, clinics, hospitals, public health organizations, and other health care related organizations.
Medical Assistants typically perform the following tasks:
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Preparing patients for exams
- Recording patient history and personal information
- Measuring vital signs, such as blood pressure
- Assisting physicians with patient examinations
- Prepping instruments for doctors
- Giving patients injections or medications as directed by the physician and as permitted by state law
- Preparing patient samples for laboratory tests
Get started now!
Learn more about North-West College and our programs.