Student Success Stories
"I developed great self-esteem working with the staff and instructors of North-West College. They helped me so much I was able to move back to my home state and was employed by the first employer I submitted my application with. Thank you so much for the learning experience that I received from your school!"Diantha Polley, Medical Assistant
"Tell us your story!North-West Family
How did your experience at North-West College help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
"Thanks to North-West College, I’ve had the opportunity to acquire skills that I needed to be successful! Thanks North-West!"Gabrielle Maria Romero
"I came to North West College Riverside campus not knowing what I wanted to do in life. I learned to have compassion and understand the patients. I have a job now as a medical assistant and all I could say is I'm very grateful that I attended this college."Elizabeth V. Ruiz, Medical Assistant
Massage Therapy Careers
The Massage Therapy program at North-West College is a professional vocational training course designed to provide the fundamental knowledge and education needed to begin working in massage offices and private practices, physicians' offices, hospitals and medical centers, chiropractic offices, nursing facilities, outpatient clinics, health clubs and fitness centers, spas and resorts, hotels, cruise ships, beauty and hair salons, pain management centers, and sports team facilities.
Graduates of the program routinely find entry-level positions jobs working in:
- Massage offices
- Chiropractic offices
- Nursing facilities
- Outpatient clinics
- Health clubs and fitness centers
- Spas and resorts
- And other related facilities
Quick Facts about Massage Therapists*
- Employment of Massage Therapists is projected to grow 22 percent nationally from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- As more health care providers understand the benefits of massage, demand will likely increase as these services become part of treatment plans.
- The number of massage clinic franchises has increased in recent years, offering more affordable massages than those provided at spas and resorts, making massage services available to a wider range of customers.
- Because Massage Therapists work by appointment in most cases, their schedules and the number of hours worked each week may vary considerably.
- Many sports teams hire Massage Therapists to help their athletes rehabilitate from injuries and to relieve or manage pain.
- A Massage Therapist’s working conditions depend heavily on the venue in which the massage is performed and on what the client wants.
- Many Massage Therapists become self-employed.
Get started now!
Learn more about North-West College and our programs.