Learn More About Our Standards, Memberships and Program Accreditations
North-West College maintains the relevancy and quality of its training programs through compliance and involvement with the following:
Accreditation and Approval
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Licensed by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (www.bppe.ca.gov).*
- Vocational Nursing programs at the West Covina, Pasadena, Riverside and Long Beach campuses are approved by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT); the Vocational Nursing program at North-West College Pomona has provisional approval from the BVNPT.
- The Surgical Technologist programs at North-West College are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP - www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA).
- Dental Assistant Programs are approved by the California Board of Dental Examiners to train dental assistants at the registered level (West Covina and Pomona Campuses).
- The Pharmacy Technician Program is accredited and recognized by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (West Covina, Pomona, Pasadena and Glendale Campuses).
Memberships and Affiliations
- All programs are regularly reviewed by advisory boards comprised of doctors, dentists, pharmacists, paralegals and accountants.
- Approved for the training of veterans.
- Approved to train State Vocational Rehabilitation students.
- Affiliated with hospitals, clinics, doctors, dentists, optometric, law, accounting and clerical professionals for internship and clinical training, and graduate employment. Our graduate services are well recognized by many employers.
- We participate in the Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN) Program.
- A charter member of the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools which includes the California Association of Paramedical Schools.
Recognized as a volunteer group for student’s community involvement by the following organizations:
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- Los Angeles County Health Department
- Community Health Projects
- Planned Parenthood
- Cal Poly – Pomona – Health Center
- Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy Center
- Lanterman State Hospital
- Foothill AIDS Project
- Centers and clinics in Los Angeles and Orange County, San Bernardino County and San Gabriel Valley
Call 888-408-4211. North-West College will provide you with the skills you need to begin your new career.
*This institution is a private institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.