Student Success Stories
"Thanks to North-West College, I’ve had the opportunity to acquire skills that I needed to be successful! Thanks North-West!"Gabrielle Maria Romero
"Tell us your story!North-West Family
How did your experience at North-West College help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
"I came to North West College Riverside campus not knowing what I wanted to do in life. I learned to have compassion and understand the patients. I have a job now as a medical assistant and all I could say is I'm very grateful that I attended this college."Elizabeth V. Ruiz, Medical Assistant
"I developed great self-esteem working with the staff and instructors of North-West College. They helped me so much I was able to move back to my home state and was employed by the first employer I submitted my application with. Thank you so much for the learning experience that I received from your school!"Diantha Polley, Medical Assistant
Vocational Nurse Course Activities
Graduates of the Vocational Nursing program routinely find entry-level positions working in health care offices and facilities, including private medical offices, clinics, hospitals, public health organizations, and other health care related organizations.
Vocational Nurses typically perform the following tasks:
- Recording patient history and personal information.
- Measuring and monitoring patient vital signs, such as blood pressure.
- Discussing the care they are providing with patients and listening to their concerns.
- Providing for the basic comfort of patients, such as helping them bathe or dress.
- Assisting physicians with patient examinations.
- Administering injections or medications as directed by the physician (as permitted by state law).
- Collecting or preparing patient samples for laboratory tests.
Get started now!
Learn more about North-West College and our programs.