Student Success Stories
"I came to North West College Riverside campus not knowing what I wanted to do in life. I learned to have compassion and understand the patients. I have a job now as a medical assistant and all I could say is I'm very grateful that I attended this college."Elizabeth V. Ruiz, Medical Assistant
"Tell us your story!North-West Family
How did your experience at North-West College help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
"I developed great self-esteem working with the staff and instructors of North-West College. They helped me so much I was able to move back to my home state and was employed by the first employer I submitted my application with. Thank you so much for the learning experience that I received from your school!"Diantha Polley, Medical Assistant
"Thanks to North-West College, I’ve had the opportunity to acquire skills that I needed to be successful! Thanks North-West!"Gabrielle Maria Romero
Professional Fitness Trainer Careers
While many Professional Fitness Trainers work in fitness centers and health clubs, others choose to work in small exercise studios. As more individuals recognize the importance of healthy living, trainers may increasingly be asked to work with clients one on one in their own homes.
Upon successful completion of the Professional Fitness Trainer program, you can expect to qualify for entry-level positions and may obtain employment in:
- Fitness centers
- Health clubs
- Yoga or Pilates studios
- Clients' homes
- And other fitness and health care related facilities
Quick Facts about Professional Fitness Trainers *
- Employment of Professional Fitness Trainers is expected to grow by 8 percent from 2014 to 2024—about as fast as other occupations.
- As more individuals continue to recognize the benefits of exercise and healthy living, Professional Fitness Trainers will be in greater demand.
- Professional Fitness Trainers work in health clubs, fitness centers, small exercise studios, and in their clients' homes.
- Fitness trainers and instructors may work nights, weekends, or holidays, and may need to travel to different gyms or to clients’ homes to teach classes or conduct personal training sessions.
Get started now!
Learn more about North-West College and our programs.