Student Success Stories
"Thanks to North-West College, I’ve had the opportunity to acquire skills that I needed to be successful! Thanks North-West!"Gabrielle Maria Romero
"Tell us your story!North-West Family
How did your experience at North-West College help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
"I came to North West College Riverside campus not knowing what I wanted to do in life. I learned to have compassion and understand the patients. I have a job now as a medical assistant and all I could say is I'm very grateful that I attended this college."Elizabeth V. Ruiz, Medical Assistant
"I developed great self-esteem working with the staff and instructors of North-West College. They helped me so much I was able to move back to my home state and was employed by the first employer I submitted my application with. Thank you so much for the learning experience that I received from your school!"Diantha Polley, Medical Assistant
Pharmacy Technician Course Activities
As a Pharmacy Technician, your job tasks and responsibilities may include: receiving incoming prescriptions, transcribing physician’s orders, calculating doses, using drug distribution systems, preparing IVs, packaging medications, filling patient cassettes, labeling prescriptions, and interfacing with patients. Best of all, your career skills will travel with you wherever you go.
Pharmacy Technicians typically perform the following tasks:
- Collecting information to fill prescriptions from customers or health professionals
- Measuring amounts of medication for prescriptions
- Sterile and non-sterile drug compounding
- Packaging and labeling prescriptions
- Organizing inventory and alerting pharmacists to shortages of medications or supplies
- Accepting payment for prescriptions and process insurance claims
- Recording customer or patient prescription information
- Answering customer phone calls
- Arranging for customers to speak with pharmacists to answer questions about medications or other health matters
Get started now!
Learn more about North-West College and our programs.