Employment of Surgical Technologists is projected to grow 15 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Several factors will lead to demand for surgical technologists.
Advances in medical technology have made surgery safer, and more operations are being done to treat a variety of illnesses and injuries. In addition, the number of individuals who have access to health insurance is expected to continue to increase because of federal health insurance reform, which should in turn lead to increased demand for surgical services.
The Accelerated Alternate Delivery Program in Surgical Technology program is offered Online through Glendale Career College.
The Accelerated Alternate Delivery Program in Surgical Technology is designed to help people who have already completed their hands-on training and may be working as a Surgical Technologist, but require accredited education in order to become a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST).
Upon graduation from the Accelerated Alternate Delivery Program in Surgical Technology program, you will have a degree that makes you eligible for the CST Examination.
Glendale Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Benefits of Online Learning
Distance Education programs like the Accelerated Alternate Delivery Program in Surgical Technology program provide greater opportunities to students who might otherwise face challenges attending traditional on-ground classes.
Here are other benefits you get from attending classes online:
- Students receive the same quality of instruction offered in a traditional classroom setting.
- Classes are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week, anywhere you can access the Internet, providing the flexibility to attend classes around work and family obligations.
- Lessons can be paused and resumed at any time, allowing students to learn at their own pace.
- Students can communicate with instructors via chat and email without needing to wait for office hours, and can participate in discussions with classmates via online forums.
- Students use technology and communications tools employed in the workplace.
- Online programs reduce travel time and costs commuting to school.
This online program offers the same level of education and training provided in a traditional classroom program with the added convenience and flexibility to attend classes from anywhere via the Internet.
*North-West College cannot guarantee employment.
Train at a Campus near You!