Student Success Stories
"Thanks to North-West College, I’ve had the opportunity to acquire skills that I needed to be successful! Thanks North-West!"Gabrielle Maria Romero
"I came to North West College Riverside campus not knowing what I wanted to do in life. I learned to have compassion and understand the patients. I have a job now as a medical assistant and all I could say is I'm very grateful that I attended this college."Elizabeth V. Ruiz, Medical Assistant
"I developed great self-esteem working with the staff and instructors of North-West College. They helped me so much I was able to move back to my home state and was employed by the first employer I submitted my application with. Thank you so much for the learning experience that I received from your school!"Diantha Polley, Medical Assistant
"Tell us your story!North-West Family
How did your experience at North-West College help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
Associate of Arts in Nursing Course Activities
Registered Nurses (RNs) provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients and the public about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members.
Registered Nurses typically perform the following tasks:
- Recording patient history and personal information.
- Administering patients’ medicines and treatments.
- Setting up plans for patients’ care or contribute to existing plans.
- Observing patients and record the observations.
- Consulting and collaborate with doctors and other healthcare professionals.
- Operating and monitoring medical equipment.
- Helping perform diagnostic tests and analyze the results.
- Teaching patients and their families how to manage illnesses or injuries.
- Explaining what to do at home after treatment.
Get started now!
Learn more about North-West College and our programs.