Learn More About Our Standards, Memberships and Program Accreditations
North-West College maintains the relevancy and quality of its training programs through compliance and involvement with the following:
Accreditation and Approval
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (www.bppe.ca.gov).
- Vocational Nursing programs at the West Covina, Pasadena, Riverside and Long Beach campuses are approved by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT); the Vocational Nursing program at North-West College Pomona has provisional approval from the BVNPT.
- The Surgical Technologist programs at North-West College are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP - www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA).
- Dental Assistant Programs are approved by the California Board of Dental Examiners to train dental assistants at the registered level (West Covina and Pomona Campuses).
- The Pharmacy Technician Program is accredited and recognized by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (West Covina, Pomona, Pasadena and Glendale Campuses).
Memberships and Affiliations
- All programs are regularly reviewed by advisory boards comprised of doctors, dentists, pharmacists, paralegals and accountants.
- Approved for the training of veterans.
- Approved to train State Vocational Rehabilitation students.
- Affiliated with hospitals, clinics, doctors, dentists, optometric, law, accounting and clerical professionals for internship and clinical training, and graduate employment. Our graduate services are well recognized by many employers.
- We participate in the Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN) Program.
- A charter member of the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools which includes the California Association of Paramedical Schools.
Recognized as a volunteer group for student’s community involvement by the following organizations:
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- Los Angeles County Health Department
- Community Health Projects
- Planned Parenthood
- Cal Poly – Pomona – Health Center
- Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy Center
- Lanterman State Hospital
- Foothill AIDS Project
- Centers and clinics in Los Angeles and Orange County, San Bernardino County and San Gabriel Valley
Call 888-408-4211. North-West College will provide you with the skills you need to begin your new career.